The Fondation du Centre de prévention du suicide de Québec financially supports the CPSQ in its mission to reduce the suicide rate in the Capitale-Nationale region.
With the operating budget of the CPSQ 80% funded by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux through the PSOC (Programme de soutien aux organismes communautaires), most prevention programs, outreach activities and booths are financially supported by the Foundation. The Foundation enables the continuance and addition of training services.
The CPSQ remains a key player in suicide prevention.
Founded in 1978, the Centre de prévention du suicide de Québec (CPSQ) was the first non-profit suicide prevention organization in Canada. In the greater Québec City area, it offers a range of professional, specialized services in prevention, intervention and postvention for suicidal individuals, those who are close to them and suicide-bereaved persons.
- Did you know that, in Québec City alone, there is 1 suicide every 3 days and that, for each one, it is estimated that there are about 20 attempts?
- Did you know that more than 22,000 telephone interventions made by professionals are conducted at the CPSQ every year?
“ONE SUICIDE IS ALWAYS ONE TOO MANY.”
“Because suicide prevention works, and we want to do even more of it, we need your help to continue our mission and reduce the suicide rate in the Capitale-Nationale region. A suicide means a lost life and loved ones and a society who are sapped of their strength. One suicide is always one too many.” Lynda Poirier, Chief Executive Officer
MISSION OF THE FOUNDATION
- Raising donations for the continuation and development of prevention services;
- Financing the establishment of suicide prevention programs;
- Promoting the CPSQ’s services to the general public;
- • Reaching the most vulnerable clienteles.
MAJOR FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
GOAL OF $2 MILLION
The Fondation du Centre de prévention du suicide de Québec is currently in the midst of a major fundraising campaign. Many donors have already pledged to help us achieve the goal of $2 million, but because each donation counts, we are calling on everyone’s generosity to maximize our chances of success. The highly encouraging total to date is $1,700,000. Join our efforts by supporting our campaign.
Why undertake a fundraising campaign? To support the objectives of the Centre de prévention du suicide de Québec.
- To participate in reducing the number of suicide deaths by intervening with persons in distress, those close to them and suicide-bereaved persons.
- Providing professional, specialized suicide prevention services that are accessible to all and offering training activities and suicide prevention programs.
A COMMITTED AND CONVINCED CAMPAIGN CABINET
An important part of a fundraising campaign is seeking donations. To do so, the CPSQ Foundation has a campaign cabinet who is committed to and convinced that suicide prevention produces real results. Their efforts have already made it possible to raise more than half of the desired goal.
PRINCIPLES ENDORSED BY THE FOUNDATION
Protecting human life is the highest value.
Everyone has the right to dignity and integrity.
Support and collaboration are tools we emphasize for dealing with crises.
Staff have a duty to promote excellence in services offered to the public.
Bound to confidentiality, each member also has an obligation of loyalty, integrity and allegiance to the Foundation’s principles.
THE FOUNDATION'S PROGRAMS
- Et moi, comment ça va?
- Semblables et différents
- Les amis de Zippy
- Awareness campaigns
- Support for the Bereaved
- postvention activities